I May Never Come Home!

I May Never Come Home!
No kidding, this is from our apt. window!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Our 1st Day Trip: Jaffa!

Today we went to Jaffa, or Yafo in Hebrew. It is the oldest working port in the world. It's famous flea market is SO cool! My dad bargained with the shop keeper and I got a huge African drum there.
 And they have the BEST bakery, icea cream store, and humus in the whole country, and boy was it good! I have a bunch of videos that I took, will put them on the blog later.

We went with our good friend Rotem, who stayed at our house in Worcester 5 summers ago.

We ate an incredible lunch with Rotem right near the Clock Tower, in an ancient stone building now a yummy restaurant!
We walked in Old Jaffa, through these cool streets to the port. We played on Turkish cannons that are more than 200 years old, used to defend the port of Jaffa.


No comments:

Post a Comment