I May Never Come Home!

I May Never Come Home!
No kidding, this is from our apt. window!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

FACTS & MAPS OF PLACES I'VE VISITED - Ayalon Institute in Rehovot

Ayalon Institute - Oct 2, 2010
Ari's Diary - An Historical Fictional Story by Caleb

There goes my alarm clock. Then I remember what I have to do today. I get up and get on the cart to "Field B." While nobody's in the laundry room, we slide over the washing machine and crawl down the hole. My job is filling the bullets with gun powder. It is a very frustration job considering the fact that I can't spill any gun powder because it is too hard to come by and is too expensive.

Leah is so pretty but I'm scared to tell her how much I love her. She seals the bullets, so each bullet I fill I give to her and try to touch her hand!

One day while I gave her the 5,642nd bullet, the alarm sirens went off. I was panicking! We all quickly brushed off our feet from loose shavings and climbed up fast as we could. The doctor in charge of the secret bullet making mission handed us all doctors' white scrubs. He said that a British train had crashed 1.5 miles away. Then, Rachel, Leah's sister, shouted out "But right now we are against the British government! They are not letting Jews in from Europe! Then the doctor replied, "Yes but if we help them, we will not be suspected of Hagana activity. As I was running, I thought "Darn those Lechi militia fighters! I know we have the same goal for a safe independent Jewish state, but blowing things up I think is not the best way to achieve it!" (I know, it sounds weird coming from a guy making bullets, but we are preparing for the day when this becomes our homeland that we must defend.).
Ayalon is in Rehovot, southeast of Tel Aviv. My mom stayed on Kibbutz Na'an near there 20 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment