I May Never Come Home!

I May Never Come Home!
No kidding, this is from our apt. window!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not A Firedrill!

Today we had no fire drill - we had a bomb drill! The siren went off and everyone, including the teacher, dived under their desks. I swear, I felt like I was a Vietnamese child in the Vietnam War. When we realized it wasn't a real bomb, we all came out from under our desks. For real, this is the ONLY thing the kids have taken seriously all year! Every kid rushed to the door and lined up neatly. We all followed the teacher to the basketball courts. We lined up behind the cone that read "5B" for my class. The other classes did the same behind their cones as well. The principal screamed out directions through a huge bullhorn. All the teachers did quick attendance to make sure no kid was left in the bathroom. When they finished, they all reported to the principal, who then screamed through the bullhorn to go back to class, so we did.
1) Wow, it's the ONLY time the kids actual listened all year!
2) The principal is serious and mean-looking so when she screams in the bullhorn, she means business.
3) I knew right away it was a drill, not real, so wasn't scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment