I May Never Come Home!

I May Never Come Home!
No kidding, this is from our apt. window!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Last Visit to Jerusalem

Mom, Ben and I went to Jerusalem for the last time this week. It was Christmas Day but you wouldn't notice anything different there compared to other days.  First we parked the car in the Mamilla mall across from Jaffa Gate of the Old City and then walked along the ramparts on top of the walls of the old city. It was cool to see the view of the city outside of the Old City! The ramparts were narrow and stone, and I could picture armies from a long time ago running through here or shooting arrows through the narrow slit openings.

Ben and I are on Jerusalem's Old City ramparts!
After that, we went to our final visit to the Western Wall ("Kotel") and my mom got to take me and Ben to the side to pray for women and children - probably the last time before my bar mitzvah. We went through the Arab shuk again and bought some gifts, and then out the other side.
In the Arab shuk.
After we left the Old City gates, we walked up to the King David Hotel - a very famous fancy hotel. We sat on the balcony which I recognized from a movie I saw last month. It's famous because the British headquarters there were blown up by the Lehi militia before Israel was created.
Lots of birds aggressively pursued us on the restaurant balcony at the King David Hotel.
Finally, we stopped off by the university to say a quick hello to Neta before returning to Netanya.
We hung out at our froggy rental car for a quick hello to Neta!
I think my favorite place in all of Israel is Jerusalem's Old City because of what the Kotel has meant to Jewish people for 2000 years. I will miss seeing Jerusalem and look forward to coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment