I May Never Come Home!

I May Never Come Home!
No kidding, this is from our apt. window!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Stormy Day In Jaffa

Today my dad, my brother and I went to the house of my dad's Israeli boss, Itzik Benenson, on the stormiest day Israel has seen in 42 years! When we got there, we had a little snack, then went off to explore Old Jaffa. Each street has an astrological street sign and symbol. Mine is the crab, and I found that street! It is supposed to be good luck. Then we went to the choppy sea and saw the huge waves splashing into the streets over the sea wall. I ran into the middle of the street and let's say I got the 'best shower of my life.'  I got drenched! And what made it colder was that the wind was high category 1 wind. I never knew wind could be so strong!
Jaffa's port was empty except for us, during this huge storm!

We then went to a restaurant with the Benensons that was obviously a bunch of folding chairs and tables set up in somebody's living room, but the food was outstanding.

See us in the restaurant mirror?!
After the fight back to their home with Mother Nature, we had some refreshing hot tea. We thanked the family and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment