I May Never Come Home!

I May Never Come Home!
No kidding, this is from our apt. window!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Last School Day At Itamar School!

My last day was very emotional for everyone. My parents and brother came to class intending to have a little party. Instead of a little party, my teacher and classmates made a big celebration! First, my teacher read something she had written (and got teary eyed as she read it), then I read something I wrote (and got teary eyed as I read it too!), and then the class mates raised their hands and took turns saying things they will remember me for. Then we took photos, had cookies and juice. My friend Aaron's mom gave me a cool soccer ball and Ben a stuffed animal - so sweet, she is a new immigrant from France and likely doesn't earn a lot of money so this was especially thoughtful! My classmates and teachers made me a really nice memory book and my teachers got me gifts. I had a great time and am bittersweet about leaving. I hope my class in Massachusetts can be pen pals with my Itamar class.

The whole class (Dad and Ben too!)

She was always bothering me early on!

Me and the guys - we played a lot of "Prisoner" game, soccer, boxing and kick the bottle at recess!

My main teacher Michal.


Hangin' with just the class girls.

Outside Itamar, in the courtyard

Me and my teacher Mickey: she told my parents I am a Mensch!

Twins Ofer and Sivan

Mom and I in front of my classroom, Kita Hey Shti'im

Dad and I on the last day of school.

Behind this 'Open Heart' is our bomb shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment