I May Never Come Home!

I May Never Come Home!
No kidding, this is from our apt. window!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tel Aviv Day Trip

Today, my brother, mother and I went to Tel Aviv. Here's some of the stuff we did...

Bauhaus Tour, Neve Tzedek, and the Tachana Train Station
Today we went on a Bauhaus tour of Tel Aviv. Bauhaus (or International) is a German kind of architecture popular in the 1930s that is simple, not fancy, straight lines, and mostly white. The area is called "The White City" because of it. The subject was boring in the first place, so it wasn't fun for me. But what made it even more boring was the guide talked with a low sleepy voice. Before, I thought architecture was borning; but now I know it is! When we finally finished, we went to look for a broken down train station from Turkish times thatnow has cool shops in it. To get there, we had to pass a neighborhood called Neve Tzedek which is a big neighborhood closer to the water which fancy houses and a mix of all kinds of styles. It was big, so we had to do a lot of walking around cool shops, parks, etc. At the Tachana train station, there was a clown. She gave Ben a balloon and it popped, so she gave him a new one for free.

Bauhaus architecture has systematic, straight lines and it is very functional, nothing fancy.
Max Brenner
Max Brenner is a HUGE chocolate restaurant. My quote is "Max Brenner is a preview for when the Messiah will come!" :)

Sights/Smells
The minute I walked in the door, my jaw dropped. There was chocolate everywhere! There was that color brown everywhere. I smelled chocolate everywhere too. There were huge tubs of chocolate situated around the restaurant. And above these tubs, there were tons of shelves with tons of tiny boxes of chocolates in all shapes and sizes. I have always wanted to sneak into the grocery store when it is closed and night and raid the candy aisle... for this, I didn't even have to sneak in!
OMG, they have something called a Chocolate Syringe, which is exactly what it sounds like, about 15 inches long! My dream come true!




Tastes
Here I knew the food would be good, but not as good as it turned out to really be. I ordered eggs, cheese and toast. When it came, my mouth was a happy camper. Well, what about the chocolate? Well, for dessert I got a 4 inch high rich, plain vanilla ice cream bar which came with chocolate sauce, chocolate balls and a grated chocolate bar. You would take the ice cream, dip it in the chocolate sauce, then the chocolate balls or grated chocolate  so it would stick to the ice cream. But best of all, the chocolate sauce would harden! After I finished eating paradise, we got chocolate balls the size of marbles that were really waffle balls dipped in chocolate. It was just as good as the ice cream.

On my Dad's next sabbatical, I want to live in the apartment above Max Brenner.

No comments:

Post a Comment