I May Never Come Home!

I May Never Come Home!
No kidding, this is from our apt. window!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Hygiene Issues

Hygiene here is gruesome. 3 of the main episodes are:
1) Kids and teachers pick their noses freely;
2) The teacher asked me to give a seminar in English class about pimples;
and
3) a kid ate fungus that grew behind his ear!

They don't care about picking their noses because for them to pick their nose in public is to us a carefree cough. If you see someone pick their nose in the USA (which you rarely do), it is quick and private. But here they jam it up real good and go deep and in public!

Out of the blue, one day, my teacher asked me to give a seminar to our English class about pimples! I tried explaining what pimples were, but the teacher got confused. He thought I was talking about moles! Incidentally, he had one on his belly, and lifted up his shirt to show me. He then pointed to his mole and said "You mean like this?" It was hard not to burst out laughing! After I had finished, the kids asked me to write what I had written on the board in each of their notebooks. Once I had finished that, they asked me for autographs! So I made my way back around the room.

Last, but yet the grossest, a kid ate something that should never be eaten. One day, a kid who sat in front of me was flopping his ear back and forth. When he flipped his ear forward, something caught my eye. I asked the kid to bend his ear forward and then I saw something that made me want to vomit... I saw a ball of white, yellow and green stuff! It appeared to be M O V I N G !! As I looked more closely, I almost fainted. Why? What I saw was balls of white, yellow and green fungus!! The kid then put his finger behind his ear, and brought it back with a ball of $*&*#@ (BLANK) on his finger! He rubbed it around a bit, then plopped it in his mouth!! He started to chew ever so slowly. He made it look like it was easy, but I could tell he was suffering, although it was much less than I was, watching this full-on!  When he had swallowed, he smiled at everyone and said "Mmmm!"

No comments:

Post a Comment