I May Never Come Home!

I May Never Come Home!
No kidding, this is from our apt. window!

Monday, November 8, 2010

The Race

I was accepted into a school-wide running race by the gym teacher. Once I found out, I started freaking out. Once I had calmed down, I wanted to start training immediately. I trained for about 1 week and a half with my dad and also during recess.
 When it came time for the race, I was scared beyond scared. All the kids and teachers were cheering us on.  It ended up that I didn't win, but I didn’t lose because I was too scared though; I lost the race because I was racing against a couple of really fast 5th graders, but mostly fast (and big) 6th graders. I am not making an excuse, but they were "with the wind."  I wish I would have gone faster. I felt kinda disappointed, but what can you do now? Overall I am happy I had this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment